RE: looping synonyms and auditing

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:46:04 -0400

Hi Joe,

I don't have experience with auditing, so I won't comment on that question.

As to the looping chain of synonyms, what user are we connected as?
What if you try this, as SYS:
 create or replace public synonym DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL for sys.DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL;
 grant select on sys.DBA_AUDIT_TRAIL  to select_catalog_role;

Did that work?

-Mark

--
Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a
wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act
alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization
is for insects."   --Robert A. Heinlein