Re: library cache pin on grant execute

  • From: Riyaj Shamsudeen <rshamsud@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:00:24 -0500

Simply means, another session is holding the library cache pin in an incompatible state. Most probably, the function is executing currently. Although, I have seen lcpin waits due to bugs.

Grants need to take library cache pin on that object. You could potentially use the following SQL to identify the objects.

select sid Holder ,KGLPNUSE Sesion , KGLPNMOD Held, KGLPNREQ Req
from x$kglpn , v$session
where KGLPNHDL in (select p1raw from v$session_wait
where state='WAITING' and event like 'library cache pin%')
and KGLPNMOD <> 0
and v$session.saddr=x$kglpn.kglpnuse ;

--

Thanks

Riyaj "Re-yas" Shamsudeen
Certified Oracle DBA (ver 7.0 - 9i)
Allocation & Assortment planning systems
JCPenney

The Human Fly wrote:
Hello list,

When I grant execute on a function to a user, the session is wating on
'library cache pin' wait event. I have waited for 20 min. still
session waits on the same wait event.
Any ideas?

OS : HP SUPERDOM
ORACLE : 9I Rel.2 (9205)

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.