Re: large dump file -send directly to tsm

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:18:19 -0800 (PST)

Note:463336.1 "Is it possible to use EXPDP directly with GZIP ?" gives a
clear answer, No, to using sequential access devices, including pipes. I
have some comparison between traditional export/import and data pump at
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/DataPump.txt

Joel Patterson wrote about the "net pipe" idea:
//www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/02-2007/msg00571.html

I wrote about some less known details and common mistakes in using pipes:
http://yong321.freeshell.org/oranotes/ImpExpThruPipe.txt

Yong Huang