Re: kernel parameters in Solaris 10

  • From: Martin Bach <development@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjamya@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:14:14 +0000

Hi,

even though you could still use /etc/system, I'd recommend you set those values through projects. /etc/system seems so old fashioned now :) Also bear in mind that many of the default values for IPC have been increased in Solaris 10.

Recommended background reading:

429191.1 - Kernel setup for Solaris 10 using project files
435464.1 - ENABLING SOLARIS PROJECT SETTINGS FOR CRS

Hope that helps,

Martin
--
Martin Bach
OCM 10g

rjamya wrote:
indeed it is possible. We do set them in /etc/system.

Raj

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Is it still possible to set kernel parameters in /etc/system on
    Solaris 10?