RE: is it possible to execute _ALL_ of a query remotely then fetch the results over a db link?

  • From: "Bruce McCartney" <bruce.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <identd@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 07:18:48 -0700

Marc,
Have you tried embedding the query in procedure(s) on B and then executing B
remotely from A?  Depending on what you have to return, you may have to set
up a reference cursor(s) but this technique will see the execution happen on
B, the results passed to A

Bruce McCartney
DBIS
bruce.mccartney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx