Re: insufficient privileges

  • From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:28:21 -0600

Is the 1031 on the create or selecting?

If on the create, the user owning the view needs to have direct privileges (i.e. not through a role) to any tables that that user does not own. Also, if you will be then granting that view to another user to select, make sure to include the 'with grant option' when granting to the view owner.

genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi everybody:

I have a script that creates a view. The script is failing with ORA-01031:
insufficient privileges. When  I
execute the underlying select it works with no issue. I am unclear on how
could this be and what could
be the reason for  this. Does anyone have an explanation?

thank you

Gene Gurevich