increasing parallel_max_servers.

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 16:24:45 -0500

Hello:

I am planning to increase the parallel_max_servers from its current value
(32) to either 64 or 128.
I am trying to figure out if I need to increase shared_pool or large_pool
to avoid running out of memory.
Right now my shared_pool is 464M the reserved_shared_pool is 23M,
large_pool is 112M.

I found a note 238680.1 where it is adviced to multiply the Buffers HWM by
the parallel_execution_message_size
to get the value of PX mgs pool. In my case th
parallel_execution_message_size is 2152
and Buffers HWM     is 503. Multiplying 2152 bty 503 I am getting 1M. So I
am concluding that
32 parallel slave processes are using 1M and that I will need to add
another 1M to accommodate 32 more

Is that a correct logic? If not, how do I need to adjust it?

thank you

Gene Gurevich