** import tuning

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
  I have a export taken with direct=y. This is done setting a high recordlengh
= 64K. When importing using this export sould I set recordlength or buffer? How
high is Ok for buffer? I am on 817 on sun 5.8. I need to do this operation
frequently and need to tune it.
  Basically is export taken with direct option any different from regular
export?
  Or is it better to just use regular export (non direct) with high buffer and
use the same buffer for import. thanks for your help.

Yahoo! Mail Mobile