imp index create monitoring

  • From: Orlando L <oralrnr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:57:28 -0500

All,
I was importing a small database into a 11.2 database. It took a while, I
realized it was taking too long to build the indexes after importing the
rows of some big tables. I remember in older versions we used to query the
dba_segments for type temporary segments during index build which later got
converted to permanent segments. This time I queried the dba_segments for
temp segments during index build but did not see temp segments. However,
the index count of the table would increase with time.  I am wondering if
anything has changed in 11g or if I should be looking at a different view.

As an aside, I think I will use a bigger sort area size/pga_ag_tgt to speed
up index build process. I know I can rebuild the indexes at the end of
import.

Orlando.