Re: identifying instance from shared spfile in RAC

  • From: "Charles Schultz" <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hrishys@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:19:10 -0500

srvctl talks with the CRS, and if your database (and instances) is (are)
registered properly, CRS will know which host each instance is on. Hence,
from the CRS standpoint, it is a no-brainer which one is which.

If the databases (and related services) are not registered properly, I am
not sure what would happen.

--
Charles Schultz