Re: how to nohup on windows?

  • From: Steve Bradshaw <sjb1970@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racoradba@xxxxxxxxx" <racoradba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 22:20:07 +0100

You could boot a live cd, ubuntu something like that.

Sent from my iPhone

On 25 Oct 2008, at 18:22, "arun chakrapani rao" <racoradba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you can, install cygwin on to your box.

then you can run nohup command within the cygwin bash shell.

Down below is a sample of how i have been running on windows.

 ~
$ echo "echo is this working" >t.ksh

 ~
$ nohup t.ksh 1>diditwork &
[1] 2336

 ~
$ ls
diditwork  nohup.out  t.ksh
 ~
$ cat diditwork
is this working

$

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:05 AM, Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx > wrote: I am stuck on a windows DB server. I need to run some .sql scripts from the command line in the background. anyone know how to do this in windows?

I have not used windows for a DB server in years...