Re: how to nohup on windows?

  • From: "Alessandro Vercelli" <alever@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 15:08:53 +0200

From unix/linux manpages:

nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty

cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1)

The purposes of the commands are not mutually exclusive; you can place into
cron a script which contains a nohup; on my experience, i use nohup:

- from command line prompt, when I need to close the session before the end of
excution of the script
- in cron jobs scripts, when i need to collect all of its output, for example:

nohup my_script.sh > my_script.log 2>&1 &

There can be many other situations to use one, the other or bot, yet.

Alessandro