Re: grant sysdba to user on hot standby

  • From: Steve Perry <sperry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 10:41:17 -0500

I knew it was stored in the password file, but for it to show up in v $pwfile_users I assumed the grant statement had to update an underlying table.
I didn't spend much time with it, but was surprised I could issue the command on a read only database.

thanks,
Steve

On Jul 8, 2006, at 12:16 AM, Tanel Poder wrote:

As sysdba and sysoper privileges have to be kept outside the database (how
could you log on before starting database up if the password info is inside
the shut down database?) - these accounts are stored in passwordfile as
well.

So copy primary's passwordfile over to standby too after creating the user &
granting the priv and see if it works.

Tanel.