'ges big msg p' and large pool?

  • From: PD Malik <pdthedba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Group <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:55:25 +0000

Hello,
Does anyone know if the large pool is enabled then will this shared pool
allocation 'ges big msg p' come out of it or will it still come out of it?

I initially thought it'll be easy to test in a test instance by just
enabling large pool and see where it goes but unfortunately it seems it
needs certain activity to happen in order to allocate that so I could not
see this allocation in my test at all, I also tried to do some manual
remastering (DRM) etc. as well still no luck :-(

So can I please ask someone who has an active RAC system with large pool
enabled to run this sql and pass me the result please?

select pool from v$sgastat where name = 'ges big msg p';

Thanks in advance, it'll be a great help!