Re: fdisk against the existing datagroup DISK

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:31:40 +0100

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:27 AM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, make sure you have recent backups of the databases and the archived
> redo logs and call Oracle when you don't hear from support fast enough.
> Also, open a ticket with Redhat support. They should be able to tell you what
> is happening with the partition table of the lun, which would give you more
> information of how it will impact applications reading from this disk.

ASM keep data in disk header - all data has been overwritten by fdisk
and in that case it can be very difficult to repair it.
Everything should be running until nodes reboot. There is a tool to
read and write to ASM headers but I'm not sure if ASM keep all
necessary data
in memory and if we can access that to restore disk header.

Drop disk and re-balance looks like only option.

--
Marcin Przepiorowski
http://oracleprof.blogspot.com