Re: enq: WL - contention; plus kcrrrcp

  • From: Ravi Madabhushanam <ravi.madabhushanam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gus.spier@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:43:19 +0530

We also had very bad experiences with enq-WL. In our case, this often occurs
on the archiver background process while the RMAN backup was running.
Particular statement that was causing all these issues were, "alter system
archivelog current". In particular the issue was specific to archivet
background process not able to complete the archiving. Does any these sound
similar to you?

After following up with Oracle for good amount of time, its finally observed
that there is a bug in 10g ASM due to which archiver will go into hung state
resulting in bad performance of all instances/databases across the cluster.

Our environment was 10gR2 DB, 10gR2 ASM. on SLES 10.

~Ravi.M