Re: emergency rescue needed

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 03:03:44 -0000

Hi,

First question, you wouldn't have a backup of this database? Since you have
data in this database which you HAVE to be able to access, then I wouldn't
really call it a test database, it's a production DB then, at least what
concerns the backup & recovery part.

If you don't need any data from the files which are corrupted, you might
want to do following:

startup mount;
alter database datafile x offline;  -- where x is the datafile number which
you get from v$datafile (or corruption error messages)
alter database open;
export your tables

Of course if some of the corrupt datafiles belong to your system or
rollback/undo tablespace, things get more complicated and you should turn to
support.

Tanel.