RE: directory objects

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:12:44 -0500

Oracle DIRECTORY objects are usually used with either utl_file or
external tables.  I see no reason why the data used to feed a utl_file
task could not come from a distributed query and I would think you could
reference an external table via a remote query though I have never tried
it.

NFS mouting definitely works.  We do that now.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148