determining actual user when using EUS

  • From: "Adams, Matthew (GE, Appl & Light)" <MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 11:33:54 -0500

I'm setting up a Oracle Internet Directory / Enterprise User Security
implementation here.

When user Enterprise User ABC connects to the database via

Sqlplus abc/password

they are actually connected to database account xyz.

Select user from dual;

USER

---------

XYZ

What I want to be able to see is the 'abc'  enterprise username for a
particular session.

I know I can see it for my own session using

select sys_context('USERENV','AUTHENTICATED_IDENTITY') from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','AUTHENTICATED_IDENTITY')

--------

ABC

But if I'm trying to track down which user is running a particularly
nasty query in my beloved production database, how do I determine it for
that session?