Re: dbms_stats result ora-600

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fairlie_r@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:32:37 -0400

On 05/23/2006 10:02:34 PM, fairlie rego wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   From the information you have provided it appears to be bug 2252824
> but I might be able to confirm if you send me the trace file.
>   Set _enable_type_dep_selectivity to true and see if it helps.
>
>   Regards,
> Fairlie

Fairlie, I know you hare experienced guy and I'm already used to your
magic, but I need a bit of explanation for this. For the bug you listed
Metalink says the following:

Click here for details of sections in this note.
Bug 2252824  ANALYZE TABLE with COLUMN STATISTICS may OERI:16515 or not collect
statistics
 This note gives a brief overview of bug 2252824.
Affects:

    Product (Component) Oracle Server (RDBMS)
    Range of versions believed to be affected   Versions < 10G
    Versions confirmed as being affected

        * 8.1.7.4
        * 9.0.1.3
        * 9.2.0.1

    Platforms affected  Generic (all / most platforms affected)

Fixed:

    This issue is fixed in

        * 9.0.1.4 (Server Patch Set)
        * 9.2.0.2 (Server Patch Set)
        * 10G Production Base Release

Symptoms:

    * Internal Error may occur (ORA-600)
    * ORA-600 [16515]

Related To:

    * Optimizer

Description

    Analyzing a table already having column statistics can signal an
    ORA-600 [16515]  or silently generate no statistics

    Workaround:
      Delete previous statistics and run analyze again.

What is the parameter you mention and why do you think it might help?

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com