RE: db_unique_name

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "K R" <kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:20:36 -0400

Not really needed.  The DB_UNIQUE_NAME I believe only gets involved in
DG and RAC.  Nothing to say you can't be a touch more creative.
Actually I do something of the sorts.  DB_UNIQUE_NAME =
DBNAME.SITE.COUNTRY.  SO you could have FOX.NEWYORK.US and
FOX.LONDON.UK.

Richard Goulet

Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader