Re: database monitoring tools - what is your short list of requirements?

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 05:07:48 -0400

Currently i am in middle of generating reports from Grid Control respository
(we have few thousand targets in there) for the information not exposed
(easily) via GC front-end for various statistics for hosts and databases
group by applications. It it indeed a treasure trove and if you love writing
sql with analytics, great source for information for growth trends, capacity
planning, cpu/mem usage, init parameter changes, os level package changes
etc etc.
Work is ongoing atm

And as for ignote that monitoring tool from confio, i just remembered, it is
a instance level tool (or it was when i used it), eventually i hacked into
its repository, and used APEX to display graphs for _all_ monitored
databases on a single page. It was nice to be able to do so. we were trying
to get away from spotlight.

Raj