Re: cursor #0

  • From: Egor Starostin <egorst@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Christian.Antognini@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 13:22:40 +0700

> >There are no PARSING IN CURSOR #0 lines in the file...so what's cursor #0?
>
> Cursor #0 is used when no cursor number is available. There are two common
> situations for that:
>
> 1) When a commit or rollback is executed. In fact for these operations you
> will find a XCTEND line where no cursor number is available...
>
> 2) At the beginning of the trace file where no statement has been parsed yet.
I think that even if 'WAIT' line is printed before 'PARSING IN CURSOR'
line, it should still have nonzero #<CURSOR>.

There is one more case for 'WAIT #0' lines (in addition to Niall's
case of PL/SQL cursor): waits for RPC calls goes to trace file as
'WAIT #0' (probably because of 'RPC CALL'/'RPC EXEC' lines doesn't
have #<CURSOR> attribute).

Paul, do you have 'WAIT #0' lines before 'PARSING IN CURSOR #13' line?
And in your fragment what lines are after 'WAIT #0' lines?

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/