Re: ctx_ddl.sync_index question

  • From: "Teijo Lallukka" <teijo.lallukka@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 20:12:14 +0300

Hi!

Surelly 12M seems to be pretty low...

check out:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/text/htdocs/Index_Maintenance.html

Also maybe you have big redo logs alreasy but I suggest to check and increase
if needed... because sync gives you lots of usage.

Also remember that no other operations(ALTER INDEX... or optimize_index) on
text index when sync or optimizing is running.... or you might get negative
effect.

-Teijo

>>> Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 04/08/09 6:51 pm >>>

'12M'  seems to be quite low.  That is the memory allocation for the
index synchronization.
Values of 50M and 100M and higher wouldn't be unreasonable.

Ensure that you have a job to sync the index frequently.

Monitor the count of pending updates by doing a count on CTX_USER_PENDING;

At 10:25 PM Wednesday, you wrote:
>10.2.0.4
>Redhat linux
>2 cpu
>12 GB ram
>COTS app: kana
>
>Kana is telling our developer that we need to run
>begin
>ctx_ddl.sync_index('kc_ctx_rawtext', '12M'); end;
>to resync the text index.

Hemant K Chitale