Re: "control file sequential read" on RAC

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:28:00 -0400

Seems like it's inefficient execution plan.
I know that Oracle might go crazy joining dictionary views and V$
views. Can you try to avoid sub-query there? Could be that oracle
"optimized" you select differently for RAC.

On 5/14/07, Shivaswamy Raghunath <shivaswamykr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello.

We have a pl/sql script which we run regularly in the database to monitor
tablesapce usage and to generate email notification on our regular (non-RAC)
database. This script when run on RAC database takes way too long to
complete.(30+ minutes) whicle it completes in under a couple of minutes on
the regular database.

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev