RE: connecting Oracle to SQL Server

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:00:31 -0700 (PDT)

There are some free drivers available TDS is one I believe for Linux.

Data direct will give you a 15 day trial then you have to cough up the $$
I didn't have any issues with the TDS driver for 32 bit in the past.

HS works fairly well depending what you want to do.

If you are on 64 bit you need to use dg4odbc for HS and that works with 10g
upward.
For 10G you need to install the 11G gateway.

You might want to play with DTS from the Sql Server side of things as well.  I
haven't used it but we do use it at work and it works very well.