RE: connecting Oracle to SQL Server

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 15:15:34 -0400

The gateway product costs extra.

HS or generic connectivity requires the use of an ODBC driver for the
database server platform designed to access SQL Server.  The only
platform I believe that comes with such a driver is Windows so extra
cost is probably required unless you are capable of writing your own
ODBC program.

On the other hand the Oracle client for Windows is free and MS on 32 bit
systems provides ODBC/OLE drivers to Oracle.  For 64 bit Windows you
need the Oracle 64 bit OLE driver.  Pushing and pulling from the SQL
Server side is free.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148