Re: chosing id of max values

  • From: Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:04:51 +0200

Gints Plivna wrote:
A simple max(start_time) over (partition by channel) won't work?

May be I was too laconic
I have thought about getting only value of rows, of which one particular value is max for the whole group - so I am not interested in rows which have this particular value less than max. "A simple max(start_time) over (partition by channel)" gives me all rows while I need only those which start_time=max(start_time) over (partition by channel). Solutions I have provided gives me exactly what I need, however I try to find more of them, then compare them and choose one... :-)

Regards
Remigiusz

Remigiusz Sokolowski <rems@xxxxxxxx>
WP/PTI/DIP/ZAB (+04858) 52 15 770
MySQL v04.x,05.x; Oracle v10.x

Zastrzezenie:
Niniejsza wiadomosc stanowi jedynie wyraz prywatnych pogladow autora i nie jest w zadnym wypadku zwiazana ze stanowiskiem przedsiebiorstwa Wirtualna Polska S.A.

WIRTUALNA POLSKA SA, ul. Traugutta 115c, 80-226 Gdansk; NIP: 957-07-51-216; Sad Rejonowy Gdansk-Polnoc KRS 0000068548, kapital zakladowy 62.880.024 zlotych (w calosci wplacony)