change mgmt_view password

  • From: kathryn axelrod <kat.axe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 11:49:54 -0700

Hi all,

Note 374382.1 shows how to change the mgmt_view password. However, it also
states "Note: This should not normally be done, except if for any reason,
the MGMT_VIEW account is locked in the Repository."

Based on the note, clearly it can be done (supposedly without
repercussions). So why shouldn't it be changed?

I opened a tar to ask why we shouldn't change it and the response was a copy
and paste of what the note says; followed by: "Not recommended to change
this user pwd , B'coz."

Does anyone in the world of Oracle-L happen to know ~why~ this password
shouldn't be changed?

Thank you!
-kathryn