cache buffer chains/where in code

  • From: Christo Kutrovsky <>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:56:18 -0500

Hello All,

I am troubleshooting cache buffer chain latch issues in
running on SPARC CMT cpu. I have AWR report, and I've determined which
query is responsible for the bulk of the waits.

For that 10 min AWR period, the bulk of the waits are happening in the
following cache buffer chain code path:

"kcbgtcr: fast path"

As far as I remember, this code path only happens for indexes? If this
is correct, then I know what index is causing this in my query. If
not, I have some latch profiling to do.

If anyone hash a link or a reference for the other code paths for
cache buffer chain latch that would be some invaluable information to
have. For example for these:

kcbgcur: fast path (shr)
kcbrls: fast release
kcbgtcr: fast path (cr pin)