automating session killing and thread

  • From: Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 11:38:19 +0530

hi oracle gurus,
 I am running oracle 8i(8.1.7.4.0.0) on windows 2000 adv.server ( 2 server
is in remote area). Everyday in the morning I used to find hell a lot of
INACTIVE users of last day. So I had to kill their sessions and then kill
their threads using ORAKILL. My question is:
 1) Do anyone has got the script to kill the threads automatically? Means
when the script is run, it should either generate another batch file with
ORAKILL <instance> <pid> or something like this...
 2) For my remote DBs I need to call up the guys and ask them to release the
thread (we don have any DBA in those locations). Can we use ORAKILL utility
on the remote DBs from another PC say by using Terminal Services of the
windows?????
  --
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath