Re: app is slow

  • From: GRIFFIJ6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:55:58 -0400

A tool like Ignite by Confio will give you great info about exactly what
is going on in your database and will help you when it comes to
identifying what queries need re-written and so forth.

From:
"Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
06/03/2009 11:10 AM
Subject:
app is slow
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

How many times have we heard that?  Well I have a user/group, that when
they do this one process it seems to be slow.  This is a third party app.
My question is how can I monitor what this is doing to see where it is
"slow"?  I checked stats on the table and they are current.  There is only
one index currently and they said they need more.  They input about 50
-200 records a day on this table and the row size is about 7000 characters
with about 14,000 records in the table.  They have a notes column of 2000
and a customer contact column of 4000.  Are those a bit extreme?

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.