apex listener implemenation

  • From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle Freelists <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:48:26 -0700

Hello
We are trying to move from modplsql to apex listener for our apex
applications. We have 3 choices
(a) use 10.1.3 application server: I can deploy it quickly because we
already have custom oc4j apps that use this tech stack. Easier to debug and
less foot print.
Problem could be with long term support and bug fixes on this tech stack.
(b) glass fish server:  There are steps on how to integrate glassfish
server with apex listener but not everything is in one place. I also read
that the footprint in terms of memory would be more compared to 10.1.3 and
Oracle is not really marketing it as a 'production'/enterprise level
product. But installation of glassfish server is simple. Concerned with
using this on a production environment with long term support from Oracle
(c) Weblogic/Fusion Middleware: This seems to be the direction Oracle is
going. But I found the debugging for this is not very straightforward and
also takes more memory compared to 10.1.3.
From what I understood and read, I think going with weblogic + apex
listener is a good combination.   Does anyone have insight on this
implementation based on their experience

Thank you
Kumar