Re: anyone else seen this?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:43:24 -0500

Ok, I found the problem, not I have figure out the cause and fix it.  The
problem is that on one server, the owner of the oracle executable in
$ORACLE_HOME/bin is oracle:dba when everything else is oracle:oinstall.  I
have changed it to oracle:oinstall twice now, but it has changed back to
oracle:dba.  So, I just changed it and and am now rebooting.  Lets see if
that will fix it.  Meanwhile, any ideas why/how this is happening?

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM, <TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I saw something like it but it was under virtual box and I didn't have
> enough memory allocated to the vm machine to run asm instance, dbca and
> creating the db within dbca. So I created scripts from dbca and ran them
> outside of dbca and was fine.
>
> Joe
> Sent from the crackberry, so please excuse the typos and terseness.

Andrew W. Kerber