Re: another failed attempt at database independence

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:01:35 +0300

In truth, this is not limited to our profession.
Some time ago, I wanted to put a roof on my porch.
As a law abiding citizen, I went to the architect who designed my building and asked him to prepare a plan so I can get a permit from city hall.
He prepared a plan for 10 square meters only and said that this was the law.
I had to go to city hall and photocopy the regulations that stated that I can get a roof that is 33 square meters.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Jared Still wrote:

LOL!

I had to do the same thing a few months ago.

Consultants could not get the workflow mailer to work.

I located the ML document with instructions to set it up, the doc is very well written and the
procedure is pretty simple.

When working through the doc, it became apparent why the mailer didn't work.

The consultants had typed in the example input, word for word!

Things like  domain name:  "mydomain.com <http://mydomain.com>"

I kid you not.

Needless to say, 10 minutes later it was all working.

--
Jared Still