alter table exchange partition doesn't fail but doesn't work

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:39:47 -0600

Hi all:

I'm using Oracle9204 and we have been running into a following problem
lately. My users execute the following
command

alter table owner.table exchange partition part1 with table
owner.xchg_table including indexes;

There is no errors, everything looks good, but when we check the counts in
the table xchg_table
and table partition (part1), they do not change! So it looks like the
exchange did not really work.
It happens intermittantly on three tables so far at different time. I can't
reproduce this error. Whenever
I try an exhcnage, everything looks OK (the counts do change after the
exchange).  I am completely
frustrated by it (and my users too).

Does anyone have any idea what should be the problem? I have contacted
Oracle support, but
did not receive anything yet. Any thought would be greately appreciated

thank you

Gene Gurevich