Re: alarming experience with controlfile autobackup on

  • From: "keydana@xxxxxx" <keydana@xxxxxx>
  • To: Dragutin Jastrebic <orahawk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 19:40:26 +0100

Hi Dragutin,
many thanks for your doublecheck! And please excuse the delay, I was on
vacation.

> This is a normal and expected behaviour, all files were restored and
> recovered to their point in time,except the files that are unkown to the
> control file used. One more reason to use the rman catalog.

I have performed your test (the exact same steps) using a catalog - and now
RMAN  restores file 3 ( the one not in the autobackup controlfile any more) but
the restore fails with ORA-19653: cannot switch to older file incarnation

So I don't get something that "wasn't in the database at any point in time"
now, but restore fails....

Or did you imply different steps to be executed/additional information to be
extracted from the catalog?

Best greetings
Sigrid