RE: add logfile member to flash recovery area

  • From: "Randy Johnson" <randyjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'ORACLE-L'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:50:07 -0500

Just create a new set of logfile groups and drop the old set. If you have
the "db_recovery_file_dest" and "db_create_file_dest" parameters configured
correctly then Oracle will create two members for each of your logfiles
using syntax similar to the following:

    alter database add logfile group 6 logfile size 50m;

This will create one member in your db_create_file_dest and one member in
your db_recovery_file_dest.
After you create your new set of redo logs you can just drop the old ones.

    -Randy

Randy Johnson
Sr. Technical Consultant
Enkitec, LLP