RE: account keeps locking

  • From: M Rafiq <rafiq9857@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <brian.zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle list <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:54:26 -0500

Please don't save password in grid control login screen (credential) if your
company policy is to change password after certain days. This will help in
avoiding account locking.

Regards
Rafiq

Subject: RE: account keeps locking
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:50:28 -0500
From: Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Brian,

Check the “Lock Account on failed logon” parameter for the Default
profile.  Oracle 10 defaults to 10 tries.  Somebody is trying to log in using
that account and failing and locking the account.

I’ve seen Grid Agent do this when I
have not configured it properly (supplied the correct password).

Tom