Re: a really non-technical question, help?

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:00:58 +0000

Oracle licensing seems to vary heavily on a case by case basis. I have met
people who got a '20% discount' and thought they got a deal and I met another
guy who payed $8,000 for a 4 CPU server which included RAC(not per CPU).

You have to contact them and negotiate. I have heard that Oracle is cutting
deals to smaller shops if you negotiate hard and threaten to go to another DB
vendor.