RE: a really non-technical question, help?

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <makbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:36:16 -0700

 >The last time this topic came up on c.d.o.s., someone from
>Oracle kind of, somewhat, acknowledged that the licensing
>language is confusing.

you thaink that is confusing, try deciphering Oracle's
term "clusterware"...put on your magic decoder ring

PS. I know the definition... but it does confuse
a lot of people...nearly as bad as to think that
anything running on a cluster that doesn't come
on an Oracle CD is somehow 3rd-party clusterware...

PPS. sorry for changing the topic mid thread

Kevin Closson
Chief Architect, Database Solutions