Re: Why should we assume LD_ASSUME_KERNEL during oracle product installation?

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shastry17@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 09:07:51 -0700

On 5/17/07, Anand <shastry17@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,
Why should we assume LD_ASSUME_KERNEL with some value during oracle
installation. Is that because the kernel versions are different for
different operating system's and oracle works on specific Kernel
version to enable glibc optimizations or are there any core reasons
for this?. Please let me know on this.

Rather than cut and paste from Werner's informative website, I will direct
you to google for it. Googling for LD_ASSUME_KERNEL Oracle brought up
the answer in the first 2 hits.

Also RHAS4 has 2.6 kernel, maybe that's the reason why the
LD_ASSUME_KERNEL issue has disappeared.

No, Oracle 9 requires this with the 2.6 Kernel.

The 10.2.0.1's oraenv script does still have LD_LIBRARY_PATH in it.
Please give me your sugesstions.

I don't understand this sentence.  It seems to imply that you don't think
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is necessary with 10g.

--
Jared Still