RE: Who pushes for client upgrades on workstations - DBAs or Development Group?

  • From: Michael Schmitt <mschmitt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 14:16:40 -0500

We use the network encryption feature of the Advanced Security option.  From
what we found, if you set the listener to required encryption, a 9i client
without the correct sqlnet.ora values will fail to connect but a 10g client
will still connect by negotiating an encrypted connection (if the sqlnet.ora is
not correct).  While it is best if everyone is just configured correctly, this
is a case that causes me to push all of the development groups be on client
versions 10g+