RE: Who pushes for client upgrades on workstations - DBAs or Development Group?

We use the network encryption feature of the Advanced Security option.  From
what we found, if you set the listener to required encryption, a 9i client
without the correct sqlnet.ora values will fail to connect but a 10g client
will still connect by negotiating an encrypted connection (if the sqlnet.ora is
not correct).  While it is best if everyone is just configured correctly, this
is a case that causes me to push all of the development groups be on client
versions 10g+