Re: Which is recommended?

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:46:42 +0530

why do not you install OEM on separate host and deploy agents on these
hosts..they will register the databases, nodes and hosts, listeners, agent
status etc...and then you can monitor all six nodes..
if you have any other development boxes, qa boxes or production boxes you
can register as mentioned above..

thanks..subodh
On 10 October 2011 14:32, mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
> We are running a 6 node RAC 11gR2. The services are running on nodes 1, 2,
> 4, 5 and 6. Node 3 is free and less loaded.
>
> We are thinking to use Oracle Enterprise Manager database control (Not grid
> Control) to monitor the cluster, the database...
>
> We have 2 different solutions;
>
> 1- Run the DB Console from Node 1 and Node 4; Have the agents running on
> Nodes 2 and Node 3 for the first DB Console and agents running on Nodes 5
> and Node 6 for the second DB Console. Which means 2 db Console to monitor
> the cluster and the database. If one DB Console goes down the other DB
> Console will continue monitoring the remaining nodes...
>
> 2- Run only one DB Console from Node 3 (the "Free"  and less loaded Node);
> Having the agents running on nodes 1,2, 4, 5 and 6.
>
> I don't know which solution is the best or at least most useful?
>
> Thank you,

> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

TRUTH WINS AT LAST, DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY