Re: Where are the best telecommuting DBA jobs?

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:50:59 -0600

I've had the privilege of some work like that, and the common thread that runs through all of them is "personal relationship". I can't imagine anyone just putting their critical systems in the hands of someone they might never meet; they at least want to know you and see/meet you periodically, have a face to put to the voice...

It's all about the relationship, whether yours or your proxy...

Quoting Brian <moabrivers@xxxxxxxxx>:

Someday I picture myself sitting on my back deck managing Oracle databases
using this fancy new gadget called the Internet.  Anyone have a good listing
of the job opportunities for dreamers like me?