Watching the GC Watchmen

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:57:10 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

In GC 10.2.0.3.0 I've had a notification failure that went unnoticed.  For
some unknown reason, the SYSMAN AQ tables were not being completely flushed.
 The result was that sometimes I got notifications from Grid Control and
sometimes I didn't.  So, I need to write yet another monitoring tool to make
sure the monitoring tool works.

I have one to check GC jobs, one to check OMS/Agent/Everything logs, and now
one to check the notification queue (which I may combine with one of the
former).

Which begs the question:  what do *you* have to look after in your GC
installation?

Rich