Re: Waiting sql

  • From: Ryan January <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 09:46:57 -0500

At a very high level this is exactly why oracle wait interface is as
robust as it is.  Any method of getting to this data will give you some
insight into what's happening inside the database.

Is this particular database enterprise edition? In addition to the
options previously given, you'll likely find a good amount of
information in v$active_session_history.  It holds periodic snapshots
(typically 1 snap per second) of your v$session data and allows you to
determine where your session's time has historically been consumed.

It's quite possible that there are multiple items causing your wait.  By
viewing what your session has waited on in the past, you may find that
it's a series of issues which may need to be resolved.

Thanks,
Ryan

On 04/25/2013 08:28 AM, rajugaru.vij@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> Iam trying to run a query, which is taking 13 to 14 minutes. Its cost is 70.
> Its waiting for something. How to know for what my query is waiting and
> taking so long.
>
> Thanks
> Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone--
> //www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may
contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both.
If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the
sender and delete the email.