WAS:A Challenge

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:53:48 -0800

>>>We painfully made 9i OEM work...but 10g OEM  kicks A$$!  It
>>>really does.
>>>Agent auto-connecting... Built in policy violations..

that is a long list of exiting things OEM can do. But I still
don't see a richness of cluster database drill down.  Here's
an example. Use OEM to answer this one:

"I have an 8 node cluster, 3 databases (OLTP,DSS,DEV) with
varying instance counts and some node overlap, I have a mix
of OLTP and DSS. I need to get the average I/O latency for LGWR
on a per-instance basis for the OLTP instances (database OLTP)
and the aggregate of MB/s scanned with PQO only on the DSS instances
(database DSS). "

Ok, go...but if you can't use OEM to answer that one, I know
how it can be answer with the execution of one single command.