WARNING:io_submit failed due to kernel limitations MAXAIO for process=128 pending aio=127

  • From: Sanjeev M <sanjeevorcle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 13:31:16 -0700

Gurus,

We have recently moved from Solaris to Linux for our 12.1.2 E-business suite
environment, RDBMS(11.1.0.7.6), GRID/ASM(11.2.0.2) and are observing
following warnings in rdbms trace files:

WARNING:io_submit failed due to kernel limitations MAXAIO for process=128
pending aio=127

Noticed that the module information in the trace files varies from job queue
process,parallel query slave and httpd sessions.

Did search for this error in MOS and got few hits but did not have an exact
match of our situation, raised SR with oracle support.

Have any of you guys encountered these warnings and know what OS parameter
to change to fix this and any recommendation or criteria for setting value
for maxaio.

disk_asynch_io has been set to TRUE.

Regards,
Sanjeev.