Re: select/insert/delete

  • From: Timo Raitalaakso <rafu@xxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 23:30:29 +0300

You did not give us the reason you needed the select part in your single statement. Do you have actual reasons for being stuck with your current tables? I am not saying you should change your interface of a and b tables to the application. Just change the tables to views. Did you notice I was inserting through a view? Edition based redefinition is also using kind of such approach. Se editioning views http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/appdev.112/e17125/adfns_editions.htm#ADFNS020 Well, possiby you can find a good enough reason not to use this update approach. This was a nice question, made me think of modeling and combine several ideas.

Timo Raitalaakso
http://rafudb.blogspot.com

8.6.2011 19:24, Michael Moore wrote:
I'm pretty much locked into the two table design. There are existing tables with a lot of code that depends on them being just the way they are. I can't add columns, views, partitions etc. These are not options for me.

    insert into a (n) values (1);